Sunday, August 10, 2008

Unique Wrap

Last week at the conclusion of my post on candling I mentioned that the small tin candles make great gifts, especially when presented in a unique gift wrap.

Today, we discuss the gift wrap.

One of the things I look for when visiting yard sales or rummage sales is fabric. I find that you can do a million things with fabric, one of them being using it as gift wrap.

Recently. I hit the jackpot at my Church rummage sale when a parishioner who owns an upholstery business brought in countless rolls of yardage. I bought 16 rolls of fabric, each with at least 5 yards on the roll for an unbelievable $16.

I have used fabric as wrapping paper for years, it molds to the container well and the presentation looks more exquisite than even the most beautiful paper.

When wrapping with fabric choose the cloth you will use.

Cut the fabric into swatches that will give you sufficient play when covering the gift. The cut doesn't have to be perfect, any imperfections will be hidden in the presentation.


You will need ribbon, scissors and an "ornament" for attachment. Like fabric, I buy rolls of ribbon whenever I see it. Most fabric stores or craft shops have bins of reduced ribbon on sale at all times, it is not unheard of to find rolls of ribbon for as low as ten cents to $1....I NEVER pay more than $1 for ribbon.


When you have your gift selected and the fabric cut, place your gift in the center of the fabric swatch.
When wrapping the tins, I just pulled up all the corners, tied it off with a ribbon and attached beads and buttons to provide ornamentation for my presentation.



Inexpensive, quick, easy and beautiful. Unique gift wrap, Home Made Easy.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Those look very chic. All that fabric for so cheap? How come I never find rummage sales like that?

Mo and The Purries said...

You really are the Gay Martha!
(waiting on my cream cheese pound cake in the mail, darlink!)
;)