Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Best Banana Pudding, EVER!

I am a son of the south, growing up banana pudding was a treat. My mother used to make it for special occasions from scratch including a beautiful meringue.

Through the years I have tried several recipes for banana pudding and it just never matched what my mama used to make. That is until my Aunt sent me a recipe that her grand-daughter had found.

This is absolutely the best banana pudding I have ever eaten and it features an ingredient that I never thought would work.... Sour Creme!?!?!?!

Last week my Church had a covered dish supper for an important vote we had to take, I decided since it was a special occasion I would make the banana pudding. It was a hit! One of my Pastor's, who is pregnant, came up to me after the dinner and told me that she thanked me and her baby thanked me for the pudding, I loved that!

Ingredients:

1- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups of water
1- small box Vanilla Instant Pudding
1- cup whipping creme
1- cup sour creme
6 - 8- Bananas
1- Box Vanilla Wafers

This recipe is NOT for your diet days, it is loaded with all the good stuff that makes eating a celebration, so enjoy!


Before you begin, put one large bowl and the beaters from your mixer in the freezer. Give them at least 30 minutes to cool.

In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk and water, mix well and then add the pudding mix. Whisk together until there are no lumps. After this is mixed well, place in the refrigerator.

Meanwhile, take the bowl and beaters out of your freezer. Pour in one cup of whipping creme, beating until it thickens. (This is the most time consuming part of the recipe, when it is beaten it will look like Cool-Whip. DO NOT over beat the creme!)

After the whipped creme is completed, fold in the sour creme. Remove the original mixture from the refrigerator and fold the two together.


Slice the bananas.

Layer the pudding, vanilla wafers and banana, making sure that the pudding ends up as your top layer.



When you have used all of the mixture, break up a few vanilla wafers and sprinkle them on top.


I served in a trifle bowl that I found at Goodwill. This is a beautiful, tasty recipe that everyone in the family will enjoy.

The Best Banana Pudding, Ever, Home Made Easy!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Oh, holy cats, that sounds divine!