Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Re purposing an Old Table

I have a confession, I am a pack rat. I find sentiment in most everything and hate to get rid of anything that provides me with pleasant memories.

I have a couple of small end tables that I NEED to get rid of, they are old and beaten up, but they still fill a purpose. I hate to get rid of them, so I decided to re purpose them. (Ok, I only re purposed one, but I may get around to the other one sooner or later.)

A few weeks ago I was taking a few days off work for a stay-cation and was cleaning out closets. I found a box filled with old postcards, letters, notes, photos and greeting cards. When I found the box and started going through the contents I couldn't bare to get rid of the contents.

It hit me, a way to use the cards and re purpose the table.

I started off by selecting a few of the cards that visually made the biggest impact.



After choosing the cards, I cut out the impact images and created a simple layout on the table top.


After deciding on the layout, I used my Modge-Podge to apply the images. For those of you who have never used it, modge podge it SIMPLE. All you need is a sponge brush to apply it.



Using long fluid strokes, apply the modge podge to the back of your application and then over the front. This creates a nice smooth surface for your tabletop.



After the modge podge has dried, coat with a polyurethane spray and you have a re purpose for an old table featuring memories of a lifetime.



Re purposing a table and keeping your memories in tact, Home Made Easy.


1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Well done! I have to restock the Modge Podge. That stuff rocks.