Saturday, November 29, 2008

Change of plans

Last week I was telling you all how excited I was for Thanksgiving, I teased about my beautiful tablescape and the meal I was cooking. CHANGE OF PLANS!

The original plan was dinner at my house for 12, no big deal. As the week went on, the neighbors and I started talking and several people didn't have anywhere to go. Others had family coming in that they didn't want to be trapped with and with this in mind we decided to all have Thanksgiving together. One problem, 30 people.

Only one house in the neighborhood was large enough for all of us, so we moved the entire Thanksgiving celebration across the street.

We divided up the tasks for the meal and I was responsible for a vegetable and dessert. My life just got much easier!

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving and really enjoyed our time together, but I must admit I was disappointed as I enjoy cooking the meal and doing the tablescape, but alas neither was necessary.

I did want to share with you what I had planned for the tablescape and apologize that there are no photos, but like I said, it never happened.

  • Plain white linen cloth
  • Antique crocheted overlay
  • Wrought Iron Candelabra that runs the length of my table
  • Petite votives
  • Assorted photos in frames of various sizes of family and friends who I am thankful for. The photos would be interspersed along the table and at varying heights.
  • Cobalt blue linen place mats
  • Solid white china
  • Silver flatware
  • Cobalt blue water glasses
  • Long stem crystal wine glasses
  • Blue and white plaid linen napkins with silver napkin rings
  • Place cards were to be my special message to each guest. On a white card and written in silver ink the card would say "Leigh, I am thankful for your kindness." "Clint, I am thankful for your generosity." etc. etc.
  • Each person was to also have "to go" bags. Using craft paper lunch bags and tied with festive ribbons, each person would have taken away their left-overs for the next day.

Oh well, it didn't happen this year. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that your celebration was Home Made Easy.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Your spread would have been stunning, without a doubt. However, the huge celebration was probably worth the sacrifice. 30 people! Amazing. I'm glad it was fun. Ours was, too.

Greg said...

I would have loved to see the spread,too. But being able to have all those people together who wouldn't have had anyone to share Thanksgiving with makes up for that, in my book.